Following is the Modem configuration data for Speedy connections: Encapsulation, VPI , and VCI , for various ADSL Modems
If you have more valid additional information please add it in the comments. If possible, please check and / or get tested first. Once sure you can immediately send to the post. If later they are collected together, if necessary, it will be easy to disseminate, copy or print.
Important information like this should be found on the official homepage of ISP SPEEDY (TelkomNet) which should know more about technical data / configuration. So that we are not forced to find it on our own. This post was discussed at WPKO (Waroeng Pojok Kang Onno) , then forwarded to several blogs that discuss speedy. May be useful…
1. For ADSL Modem made by Alcatel-Lucent (France)
Encapsulation = PPPoA • VPI = 8 • VCI = 35
2. For ADSL Modem made by Huawei Technologies Co Ltd (China)
Encapsulation = PPPoE • VPI = 0 • VCI = 35 (old)
Encapsulation = PPPoE VPI = 8 VCI = 81 ( updated , thanks to s4nji
3. For ADSL Modem made by Siemens AktienGesellschaft (Germany)
Encapsulation = PPPoA • VPI = 1 • VCI = 33
B. Sumatra, West Java, Central Java, East Java, Bali, Kalimantan, Sulawesi
1. For DSLAM made by ZTE (ZhongXing Telecommunication Equipment Co Ltd) (China)
Encapsulation = PPPoE • VPI = 8 • VCI = 81
2. For DSLAM made by Huawei Technologies Co Ltd (China)
Encapsulation = PPPoE VPI = 0 VCI = 35
3. For DSLAM made by ArticoNet
Encapsulation = PPPoE • VPI = 0 • VCI = 35
4. For TP-Link’s ADSL Modem (the most frequently used type is TD-8817)
Encapsulation = PPPoE LLc VPI = 0 VCI = 35
- VPI: Virtual Path Identifier refers to an 8-bit (user-to-network) or 12-bit (inter-network packet) field in the header of an Asynchronous Transfer Mode (MTA) packet. VPI, together with VCI ( Virtual Channel Identifier is used to identify the destination of the next cell as it passes through a series of MTA switches on its way. VPI is useful for subtracting the switch table of multiple Virtual Circuits having a specific path .
- VCI: Virtual channel identifier is a unique identifier that identifies a specific virtual circuit on a network. VCI is a 16-bit field in the Asynchronous Transfer Mode cell header. VCI, together with VPI ( Virtual Path Identifier is used to identify the destination of the next cell as it passes through a series of MTA switches.
May be useful